Some things I’ve said or written about deployment:
- What is Deployment vs Provisioning vs Orchestration?
- When Should You Not Use Heroku? - a description of when Heroku might be the wrong tool for your job
- I spoke at Ruby Remote Conf in 2015 about how a Ruby app is structured, from an HTTP request’s point of view - all the layers a request passes through to get there, basically
- How to Select the Right Chef Cookbook
- 20 Small Reasons that Deploying a Rails App is Hard - A reminder that deployment is often death by a thousand papercuts…
- Capistrano: Be Sure to Git Push! - what it says on the tin
- Why Do We Need Both Capistrano and Chef - a compare/contrast on two different deployment tools and what they do
- What Do You Lose by Not Using Chef? - there are a lot of deploy tools and they do different things; what is Chef good at?
- Deploy Like You Develop - a somewhat utopian perspective on how to deploy